Sunday, March 20, 2011

US & allies team up to hit Qaddafi

I haven't posted in a couple of days because I've been busy with work and my parents, who visited me this week. But I've been listening to the news. For a while there I was afraid the US & allies weren't going to do anything about Qaddafi. I drove my parents to the airport yesterday, and during the ride BBC World Service reported that western nations, led by the UK & France, were hitting Qaddafi's air defense forces. My dad, who was in the seat next to mine, gave a thumbs up and said GOOD!

MSNBC: 'Moammar Gadhafi vowed a "long war" as allied forces launched a second night of strikes on Libya on Sunday, and jubilant rebels who only a day before were in danger of being crushed by his forces now boasted they would bring him down. The U.S. military said the international assault would hit any Gadhafi forces on the ground that are attacking the opposition.'

No comments :