Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The discourse is polarized in America, says Obama

I jumped to conclusions on Saturday with my "American Taliban" post. Obama said we should talk to each other in a way that heals, not wounds. I was not using "healing words" in many comments on Saturday. Obama is right. The discourse is polarized. There are good people everywhere, even in the Tea Party, I'm sure. Sometimes it's hard not to become emotional and reactionary, especially when a 9-year old (born on 9/11, no less) is killed, but civility and politeness are always important. Thanks for reminding me, Mr. President.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

3 comments :

Ayrab Jayrab said...

nobody cares what obama thinks. He's been president for a long time now and Palestine is being stolen at an accelerated rate.
Obama = zionist

Ayrab Jayrab said...

mojo,
why nothing about tunis?

|3run0 said...

That was a good an necessary speech.