Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bahraini student's scholarship revoked because he protested

in the UK, and if he doesn't return to Bahrain immediately, there could be "grave consequences":

"Three days after the protest my family received a phone call from the ministry of education in Bahrain telling them that my scholarship had been revoked. My family inquired about the reasons and justifications for this decision but nothing was mentioned apart from the fact that I had taken part in an illegal demonstration against Bahrain and that I violated the rules of the ministry of education.

My dad was shocked, so he asked whether they had any evidence for this claim and how they knew I was there in the first place. They told him that I was caught on camera, and they had video footage of me in the act. They insisted that I must come back to Bahrain immediately or grave grave consequences could result from my actions."

No comments :