Friday, April 01, 2011

Baghdad air pollution

"Scientists have been collecting air samples in Baghdad since 2008, and they found that the Iraqi air often contains fine particulate matter made up of many elements, including silica, sulfates and heavy metals, such as lead, arsenic, cadmium and mercury. Fine particulate matter is of greater concern than large particulate matter because these tiny particles can travel deep into the lungs, where they can cause more damage.

Some air quality readings in Iraq found that the fine particulate matter was nearly 10 times higher than the levels generally considered acceptable in the United States."

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

My comments are vanishing again. Why?

DC said...

My comments are vanishing again. Why?

Iraqi Mojo said...

Don, Google is automatically classifying your comments as spam and I don't know why. You used to leave comments using your google mail account. Why aren't you doing that anymore?

Don Cox said...

They suspended my account for no reason I can think of.

But I'll try it again.

Don Cox said...

Looks like my Google account may be working again.

I have seen complaints from other commenters (on various blogs) about their comments vanishing.