Thursday, November 17, 2011

"Occupy" is everywhere

The "occupy" movement in America got crushed yesterday and today. American police are looking more like Middle Eastern police. Well maybe not that bad. But things got violent in many cities. NYC police were "very aggressive". Seattle police used large canisters of pepper spray, and they used it abundantly on the crowd. An 80+ year old woman was hit, and an Iraq war veteran helped her stand up.

The movement is growing, even if protesters are expelled from parks and arrested by the hundreds. Just like you can't kill protests in the middle east, you can't kill protests in America. Americans are becoming more educated about the income disparity between 1% of Americans and the rest of Americans. I am part of the 99%. I am right in the middle of it. Truly middle class. I don't want to pay higher taxes. I want the people with top incomes to pay higher taxes.

Many people (truly smart people) with top incomes demand they be taxed higher. These are patriotic millionaires:

Visit for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

The occupy movement is everywhere. Even millionaires agree with the 99%.

"Freedom of assembly, sometimes used interchangeably with the freedom of association, is the individual right to come together and collectively express, promote, pursue and defend common interests. The right to freedom of association is recognized as a human right, a political freedom and a civil liberty."

Colin Powell said recently that protests are as American as apple pie. He's right, of course.


C.H. said...

"American police are looking more like Middle Eastern police."

Its hard to take a statement like this seriously when the "Occupy" imbeciles are the only protesters going through this insanity.

For some reason, the Tea Party doesn't have this problem, despite the fact that they are angry at the government too.

With 4,000 arrests, the OWS "movement" is more of a crime wave.

Iraqi Mojo said...

Teabaggers are not angry at the govt. They are angry at Obama and his supporters.

OWS is not angry at the govt as much as they are angry at Wall Street and the 1%.

Even Iraq war veterans are angry, and they are getting beaten up for it.

Because carrying guns and holding up signs that say "Barack Hussein Obama: The New Face of Hitler" is acceptable to the mayors and the establishment. Protesting unarmed and being angry at Wall Street is not.

C.H. said...

The left owns the Hitler narrativ, Mojo...just think of all the times Bush's Admin was compared to the Third Reich by the likes of Cindy Sheehan and others. Its amazing that leftists get so angry when the tables are turned, especially when they started the hatred.

C.H. said...

"Because carrying guns and holding up signs that say "Barack Hussein Obama: The New Face of Hitler" is acceptable to the mayors and the establishment. Protesting unarmed and being angry at Wall Street is not."

Nonsense...the worst of these "Occupy" camps are operating out of cities that are firmly under the control liberals and Democrats (Oakland, SF, Chicago, etc). The governments there, as well as Obama, have been supportive of them. However, the OWSers goal is to break the law, start confrontations with police, and get arrested.

OWSers bring guns too, btw...and they use them.

madtom said...

The OWS is protesting, while the Gov. is spending billions on the very 1%. The Debt is going over 15 Trillion and the 1% is laughing all the way to the bank. The OWS will only make them richer, and richer

Aton said...

OWS is a joke...

Anonymous said...

democracy haaa?

Iraqi Mojo said...

C.H., you like Newt Gingrich?

'MSNBC’s Morning Joe crew weren’t too enthralled with Newt Gingrich telling ‘Occupy Wall Street’ protesters to “Go get a job after you take a bath” over the weekend.

Co-host Mika Brzezinski and Columbia economics professor Jeffrey Sachs slammed the former House speaker Monday morning, questioning his continued lack of sensitivity towards the protesters.

“That was about the most arrogant and unself-aware, and those are probably the only words I could use to think for any Republican politician in this field could say,” Brzezinski said. “Someone needs a bath, and I don’t think it’s people on Occupy Wall Street.” '

Iraqi Mojo said...

Aton, you like Grover Norquist?

'One of the millionaires suggested that if Norquist wanted low taxes and less government, "Renounce your American citizenship and move to Somalia where they don't collect any tax." '