Monday, April 09, 2007

A Palestinian Iraqi Wedding

Over the weekend I attended a wonderful Palestinian Iraqi wedding. I have known the bride, whose father is Iraqi Shi'i and mother is Iraqi Sunni Kurd, since she was a baby. They are like our family. Until the wedding I had not seen so many Palestinians in one room in my entire life! They really know how to throw a wedding party. I was amazed by how perfectly the debka (a dance) was done. The Palestinians I got a chance to talk to were most gracious, and the entire event gave me a great sense of camaraderie with our Palestinian brothers and sisters. I think it is safe to say that all guests had a fabulous time. Below are some pictures.

If you were a guest at the wedding and have some good pics, please send me a few: iraqimojo@gmail.com - I did not take enough.

The lovely couple










The debka - I need a better pic than this - it was amazing!

No comments :