Monday, January 26, 2009

Obama Talks to Arabs & Muslims

Obama gave his first televised address as President to Al Arabiya! WOW! This is huge. Obama continues to make history. Did he actually say that a Palestinian state should be contiguous? Did I hear that right? That's amazing. The American President said that??

I love what he said about Usama bin Ladin and Al Qaeda. He said that Al Qaeda isn't talking about how Muslim kids should get an education; AQ isn't doing anything good for Arabs and Muslims. Yeah baby! That's what I'm talking about. "...their ideas are bankrupt. There's no actions that they've taken that say a child in the Muslim world is getting a better education because of them, or has better healthcare because of them."

"Now, my job is to communicate the fact that the United States has a stake in the well-being of the Muslim world, that the language we use has to be a language of respect. I have Muslim members of my family. I have lived in Muslim countries," the President said.

I am pleasantly surprised by how quickly our new President has jumped into the role of peace broker in the Middle East.

This is the part where the President talks about Al Qaeda:

No comments :