Saturday, January 31, 2009

Blackwater to be kicked out of Iraq

Good news: State Department Cancels Iraq Contract With Blackwater

Thanks Molly for the heads up. I've posted a lot about Blackwater and I wondered why it took so long for the US government to act. I wonder if they would have done anything if the media (especially Keith Olbermann) had not put so much pressure on them. Still I suppose we should thank the State Department for doing something, even if it is a bit late.

Now I wonder if they will do something about Aegis, the British security firm whose employees did this in 2004:



Interesting that nobody complained nearly as much about Aegis as they did about Blackwater.

Update (2/2/09): I had to find a different source for the video, because YouTube has removed it due to a copyright claim by Aegis.

No comments :