Monday, May 19, 2008

"It's a criminal web...and the US is involved"

Many of you know already that BogIraq was murdered on April 11 in Baghdad while meeting with somebody to discuss alleged corruption involving USAID. I was shocked to read the news. BlogIraq and I did not always agree, but he was always friendly with me. He was a great writer, an Iraqi patriot who wanted Iraq to succeed, but was unwilling to accept corruption in Baghdad. So he sought to expose it, and he was killed for it. It is another sad chapter in the history of Iraq. Allah Yuruhma.

The day after I learned about BlogIraq's death, my father, who was also shocked and dismayed to read about BlogIraq's death, shared with me this 2006 article, which reminded me again of BlogIraq: IRAQ: USAID Provides Adviser to Iraq Government on Oil Law

"At the request of the U.S. State Department, the agency is providing a petroleum advisor to Iraq from February to June through its contract with BearingPoint, USAID spokesman David Snider told Dow Jones Newswires in an e-mail."

My father walked away from the computer and said "it's a criminal web." I said "and the US is involved." Damn, I can't believe I just said that, I thought. Could it be true? But then I thought more about it, and I realized the US has been involved for decades, and many crimes have been committed in the last 30 years with the knowledge of the US government.

No comments :